It was a beautiful day today. The children and I took full advantage of the good weather by going on a nature walk. We’ve been learning about trees for the Letter Tt this week and thought it would be great to explore different trees in the neighborhood. The children learned:
- That God made trees.
- The parts of the tree (leaves, branches, trunk, roots).
- How trees grow (seeds, soil, water, sunlight).
- That trees provide food for both humans and animals (fruit, acorns).
- That trees provide a home for birds and squirrels.
- That trees provide wood for houses, heating, fences, toys and backyard playards, etc.
- Why many of the trees don’t have leaves on them now.
- And so much more.
Our nature walk provided an abundant amount of learning opportunities using our senses of sight, smell, hearing and touch. It was also a fantastic way to incorporate exercise into our day.
Pine Cones from a Pine Tree
Parts of the tree. Leaves, branches, bark.